Forum: Ruby Rails login page

B58996c504c5638798eb6b511e6f49af?d=identicon&s=25 BLT (Guest)
Has anyone got any information on how to make a really simple login page
for rails? I just literally want an un-encrypted username/password in a
mysql database then some way of using rails to query that database to
check if the username and password entered into the text fields should
let the user log in.

Thanks
E3513c4edd6810bb4b9914b58da2a2c3?d=identicon&s=25 Jamal Soueidan (jamal)
Very simple one?

That would not be so hard...

Do know how to setup a new project in rails etc.?
Did you create the table etc. ?
Did you also create the form (username, password) fields? (HTML)

Or should we go step by step?

Because you find many tutorials on this subject if you search on Google?
E3513c4edd6810bb4b9914b58da2a2c3?d=identicon&s=25 Jamal Soueidan (jamal)
on 2007-04-05 02:06
and please keep in mind that your topic is in the wrong section :)
Ff9e18f0699bf079f1fc91c8d4506438?d=identicon&s=25 James Britt (Guest)
Jamal Soueidan wrote:
> and please keep in mind that your topic is in the wrong section :)

Section?

The parent message was sent to the ruby-talk mailing list.

Rails questions are usually best sent to a Rails mailing list.  They
should be listed on the Rails home page

Either way there are no "sections"; if you are using ruby-forum.com you
really should take time to understand that it is  a Web front-end to
various mailing lists.    It is not a BBS or chat board or anything
along those lines.

--
James Britt

"You harmonize; then you customize."
  - Wilson Pickett
James Britt wrote:
> Either way there are no "sections"; if you are using ruby-forum.com you
> really should take time to understand that it is  a Web front-end to
> various mailing lists.    It is not a BBS or chat board or anything
> along those lines.

Yeah I'm actually using the newsgroup :) There isn't a rails newsgroup
that I know of so I thought some people here might know seeing as the
two topics are kind of related.
Ac0085dae0703db56ad7f8cb9e1798ba?d=identicon&s=25 Phillip Gawlowski (Guest)
BLT wrote:

> Yeah I'm actually using the newsgroup :) There isn't a rails newsgroup
> that I know of so I thought some people here might know seeing as the
> two topics are kind of related.

http://www.rubyonrails.org/community

Kinda obvious, isn't it?

--
Phillip "CynicalRyan" Gawlowski
http://cynicalryan.110mb.com/

Rule of Open-Source Programming #13:

Your first release can always be improved upon.
E3513c4edd6810bb4b9914b58da2a2c3?d=identicon&s=25 Jamal Soueidan (jamal)
on 2007-04-05 22:48
James Britt wrote:
> Jamal Soueidan wrote:
>> and please keep in mind that your topic is in the wrong section :)
>
> James Britt
>
> "You harmonize; then you customize."
>   - Wilson Pickett

Oh, I didn't know that, I'm using the web interface :)
852a62a28f1de229dc861ce903b07a60?d=identicon&s=25 Gavin Kistner (phrogz)
On Apr 5, 2:15 pm, BLT <u...@example.com> wrote:
> Yeah I'm actually using the newsgroup :) There isn't a rails newsgroup
> that I know of so I thought some people here might know seeing as the
> two topics are kind of related.

It's not NNTP, but FYI:
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk