Forum: GNU Radio usrp_std

3f6dbdd47d5c336967bfa9a71889721c?d=identicon&s=25 Kuntal Majumdar (Guest)
Hello,

Is there any relevant documentation on the sample program usrp_std.....I
mean, any comments or related regarding the codes and what they exactly
do?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Kuntal
On Tue, Apr 03, 2007 at 04:15:20AM -0700, Kuntal Majumdar wrote:
> Hello,
>

> Is there any relevant documentation on the sample program
> usrp_std.....I mean, any comments or related regarding the codes and
> what they exactly do?

Hi Kuntal, I assume you're refering to test_usrp_standard_{tx,rx}.

Did you try ./test_usrp_standard_tx -?

Not many docs on them, look at the code.  They were never designed for
wide usage, just to exercise the USRP motherboard at an early stage of
development. They don't know how to handle daughterboards, amongst
other shortcomings.

What are you really trying to do?

> Thanks a lot.
>
> Regards,
> Kuntal

Eric
3f6dbdd47d5c336967bfa9a71889721c?d=identicon&s=25 Kuntal (Guest)
Hello Eric,

Thanks for the reply. I havent had any replies to my previous posts. I
am an
Indian student working on the USRP in Sweden. My project involves a lot
of
fpga work.

As a first step, I programmed the fpga as a working counter. And from
the
Rx, read the output of the counter and displayed it onto the CRO. I used
the
$usrper commands for the same. Now, as my next step, I want to transfer
data
into the usrp through the Tx. I believe that this can be done as, if I
am
able to read from the Rx, then sending throught the Tx must be possible,
but
have not got any success yet, can you help me on this?
I thought maybe reverse engineering on the usrp_std might help.

Finally, I want to design a few things for my ofdm project, for which
the
fpga would be involved heavily. Please tell me right now, if I can do
something like this just for the basics.

Program the fpga as a (say) adder. Send data through the Tx and see the
output on the CRO via the Rx. This might sound very trivial for you but
solving this would do wonders to my project. If this becomes possible, I
plan to implement a whole (I)FFT block on the fpga.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Kuntal