Forum: Ruby on Rails Ruby on Rails ebook

18658a0433221ec099c24125bd0a3f93?d=identicon&s=25 bita hedayatian (Guest)
Hi everybody

I am new to this group,it looks like a very active and great group.
I need your suggestions to get a beginner-professional Ruby on Rails
Does anybody have an ebook?

Your Space. Your Friends. Your Stories. Share your world with Windows
9a7026b028a19715c954a2dfb81aa74a?d=identicon&s=25 Robert Dempsey (robertonrails)
I believe that you can get the "Agile Web Development with Rails" book
as en e-book. That is a great book for beginners. Are you looking
specifically for tutorials or do you need the basics too?

Robert Dempsey
18658a0433221ec099c24125bd0a3f93?d=identicon&s=25 bita hedayatian (Guest)
Hi Robert
Thank you for your reply,
I need more professional programming tutorial.
a free resource! :)

> > Does anybody have an ebook?
> >
> > Thanks

I basically understand and have done a little with php/mysql but don't
anything about MVC or Ruby or CoC like that. Can you suggest me any good
free ebook that would be suitable for beginners like me?
6edcf75469c5954b8655f19fb20a622a?d=identicon&s=25 tudor cornea (Guest)
On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 10:16 AM, Sushil Gupta <>

> For more options, visit this group at

I have found this book to be useful when I started learning.
It teaches you different important concepts like authentication, test
development (rspec), which you
will use in your everyday apps:

You can also check out the tutorials here:
316c03a99e8ed311e5462d94f085fc2e?d=identicon&s=25 John Ivanoff (Guest)

"Learn to Program (2nd edition)

by Chris Pine

For this new edition of the best-selling Learn to Program, Chris Pine
has taken a good thing and made it even better. First, he used the
feedback from hundreds of reader e-mails to update the content and
make it even clearer. Second, he updated the examples in the book to
use the latest stable version of Ruby, and also to use code that looks
more like real-world Ruby code, so that people who have just learned
to program will be more familiar with common Ruby techniques.

Not only does the Second Edition now include answers to all of the
exercises, it includes them twice. First youll find the how you
could do it answers, using the techniques youve learned up to that
point in the book. Next youll see how Chris Pine would do it:
answers using more advanced Ruby techniques, to whet your appetite as
well as providing sort of a Rosetta Stone for more elegant
8ce9f0a0110648901b5469ced032b830?d=identicon&s=25 tludi (Guest)
Here are a couple of resources for learning ruby and ROR. for a basic intro to ruby for Rails

I also have used the rails tutorial that Rails Rider mentioned

Take a look at for more in depth Rails topics.

Not sure where you are located, but sometimes libraries have good books
Ruby and some even have ebooks that you can check out.