Forum: Ruby on Rails Using Mongrel but not Rails?

444c7d8579d3389a76c8497f5cb66c13?d=identicon&s=25 M.W. Mitchell (goodieboy)

This is not really rails related... but a question about Mongrel. I
can't seem to find this information anywhere. We've got an application
here running Apache Solr/Lucene and am interested in having a cluster
of Mogrel's + Apache w/load balancer run it. Anyone have any idea how
this can be done? Any of the most tiniest of hints would be greatly
cherished!

Matt
On 4/2/07, goodieboy <goodieBoy@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is not really rails related... but a question about Mongrel. I
> can't seem to find this information anywhere. We've got an application
> here running Apache Solr/Lucene and am interested in having a cluster
> of Mogrel's + Apache w/load balancer run it. Anyone have any idea how
> this can be done? Any of the most tiniest of hints would be greatly
> cherished!

I don't know offhand, but there is a mongrel user's list:

Rick Olson
http://lighthouseapp.com
http://weblog.techno-weenie.net
http://mephistoblog.com
Be33a1319a5db82a5e8afbd491aa1862?d=identicon&s=25 Mike Owens (Guest)
Matt,

I recently had to write a service that ran on "raw Mongrel".  An
online copy of the docs are available here:
<http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/rdoc/>

Most of my heavy lifting was done inside a Mongrel::HttpHandler
registered with the server.  I'd start with the Mongrel::HttpServer
documentation, and there are examples scattered throughout.

-Mike

--
http://mike.filespanker.com/