Forum: Ruby Implementation for 5 > x > 4 / RSpec fuzz testing

E0ed615bd6632dd23165e045e3c1df09?d=identicon&s=25 Florian Groß (Guest)

before going to sleep I had an idea for how to implement 5 > x > 4.
It's pretty simple an implementation. I remember reading on ruby-talk
years ago that this was impossible to do without changing Ruby's
parser.

So, nothing big. I just don't want this to decay on my hard disk. It
demonstrates a fair bit of meta programming and that Ruby is powerful
as well.

It's available at http://flgr.0x42.net/code/comp_chain.rb

I'm also wondering if somebody has already thought about how to best
do fuzz testing in RSpec? I know about RFuzz, but it seems to be web
specific. Is there any official best practise for using random input
in your specs?

Kind regards,
Florian Gross
918c6daad03c85e51ad1a11f57017947?d=identicon&s=25 Devin Mullins (twifkak)
Florian Groß wrote:
> So, nothing big. I just don't want this to decay on my hard disk. It
> demonstrates a fair bit of meta programming and that Ruby is powerful
> as well.
>
> It's available at http://flgr.0x42.net/code/comp_chain.rb
Ha! Coming from the guy who wrote Binding.of_caller, I was expecting a
challenge. That's ridiculously simple! Cool beans.

> I'm also wondering if somebody has already thought about how to best
> do fuzz testing in RSpec?
The only thing that comes to mind is a presentation Jim Weirich did on a
prototype Contract Driven Development library.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3883668083321892812

Devin