Forum: GNU Radio allocation of USB channel for commands?

Ac73d95c8ccddff9ecae369bcb80a923?d=identicon&s=25 George Nychis (Guest)
I am starting to create some FSM for the host side... wanted to clear up
something.

Does capacity on the command channel need to be allocated?  For instance
Eric, we were
discussing the fact that the user could request capacity and it returns
a free channel
with it.

What do we plan on doing about the command channel?

- George
On Sat, Mar 31, 2007 at 06:28:20PM -0400, George Nychis wrote:
> I am starting to create some FSM for the host side... wanted to clear up
> something.
>
> Does capacity on the command channel need to be allocated?

No, they are free to hose themselves ;)

> For instance Eric, we were discussing the fact that the user could
> request capacity and it returns a free channel with it.

> What do we plan on doing about the command channel?

Please have a look at
developers/eb/ibu/usrp/host/lib/inband/usrp_server.mbh.
It specs a low-interface that allows clients to request actions on the
control channel.  I think we'll need a higher level interface later, but
this will be enough to begin testing.   The server well need to build
the control channel packet based on the info the client sent.  The
inverse applies on the replies.

Note how I limit the user to 3-bit RID values in the interface.  This
leaves 3-bits for the server's use.  You'll be able to use the "server
portion" of the 6-bit RID allocation to figure out which port send the
reply on.

I'll merge my latest changes into the feature branch later on
tonight.  It'll include usrp_server.mbh.

Eric
Eric Blossom wrote:
>> What do we plan on doing about the command channel?
>
> Please have a look at
> developers/eb/ibu/usrp/host/lib/inband/usrp_server.mbh.

> I'll merge my latest changes into the feature branch later on
> tonight.  It'll include usrp_server.mbh.

I'm going on a binge-reading spree tonight, I just printed this out and
am reading through
it and will give some feedback, do you have anything else new on your
end for me to catch
up on that I can read?

- George