Forum: Ruby Web-based personal development co. looking for programmers

Dab3b52c260ff312cf1b406c395eeca2?d=identicon&s=25 unknown (Guest)
Live purposefully!

Who: is a personal development company located in the heart of
the Silicon Valley, started in 2006 by 3 Stanford business school
students who are dedicated to helping people all over the world reach
their full potential.  We envision a better world where people have
the freedom to live purposefully, learn freely, and love

We provide an online platform that enables our co-owners (not users;
we’re not here to use anybody!) to customize their personal
development experiences and realized their dreams by allowing them to
find resources that are relevant to their passions.

We trademarked a straightforward formula Problems + Passions =
Purpose™ to help people begin the process of answering life’s most
important question, “What is my purpose?”  Via our online community,
co-owners are able to share their journey, tag and find tools, set
goals, and engage their best friends in the pursuit of their

Software Engineer
We’re seeking a bright, energetic, and dedicated team player who has
strong, versatile computer science fundamentals who will be a core
contributor to architecting, building, and scaling mylinia’s backend.
You will need strong skills in application and server-side
development; experience and/or interest in designing and maintaining
high-volume systems is a big plus.

Architect and maintain a reliable backend system to support dynamic
web frontend
* Assist in scaling and optimizing communication integration between
frontend and backend
* Assist in testing and optimizing regularly scheduled releases
* Proactively recommend architecture changes and suggest new coding
* Collaborate with frontend programmers to optimize scalability and
network efficiency
* Stay up-to-date with new technologies

Ideal Candidate:
The Senior .NET Developer will have at least five years of experience
in software development and IT. You must have good communication
skills and can work with other developers and independently. You are
expected to take a lead role in project management.

Negotiable mix of equity and salary dependent on cultural fit, skill
set, experience, and the amount of time you are able to commit per
through our series A round.

Email Jullien Gordon with your resume at
(Received via mailing list) wrote:
> co-owners are able to share their journey, tag and find tools, set
> * Stay up-to-date with new technologies
> through our series A round.
> Process:
> Email Jullien Gordon with your resume at
How is this relevant to Ruby?

Oh ... never mind ... I only apply for jobs that require poor
communication skills. :)

If God had meant for carrots to be eaten cooked, He would have given
rabbits fire.
Ce8b03e5750097942c58e12b46724312?d=identicon&s=25 Giles Bowkett (Guest)
This is total irrelevant spam.

Ironic, actually, given that they want good communication skills.