Forum: Rails deployment Big Rails Sites with numbers

181976602397443ce119909b9d82cae2?d=identicon&s=25 blinking bear (Guest)
It would be awesome to have some sort of recent data on the big gun
rails
sites.  I have to include some examples in a statement of work to get
RoR
approval for the project.  The client is concerned with scaling issues.
What are the big sites out there now?  Basecamp? Shopify? 43things?
Chowhound?  Wish I had some numbers (#users, #pageviews) etc to throw on
there.

Thanks
Bfd6b681ec6e8c9bef82ff0521c364f7?d=identicon&s=25 Erik Kastner (Guest)
This isn't exactly what you need but here's a start:
http://rails100.pbwiki.com/
2f9a03aa0fcfe945229cb6126eda2cb2?d=identicon&s=25 Philip Hallstrom (Guest)
> It would be awesome to have some sort of recent data on the big gun rails
> sites.  I have to include some examples in a statement of work to get RoR
> approval for the project.  The client is concerned with scaling issues.
> What are the big sites out there now?  Basecamp? Shopify? 43things?
> Chowhound?  Wish I had some numbers (#users, #pageviews) etc to throw on
> there.

Dang, we just miss the top 10 :)

www.cardplayer.com runs Rails...

http://img312.imageshack.us/img312/3569/alexavd9.png

That is last augusts page views when we get really really busy... some
days were 8mil page views 99.9% dynamic.

-philip