Forum: Ferret Nasty looking warnings on Debian Etch AMD64 bit box

5dbbaac3d41c1f2c5e165448d3ef141a?d=identicon&s=25 Jeff Green (Guest)
Running gem install ferret and selecting 0.11.3 on a Dual Xeon or Dual
Opteron 64 bit box running Debian Etch gives the following list of nasty
looking warnings, anyone running successfully on 64 bit linux?

fs_store.c: In function
âfso_seek_iâ:fs_store.c:238: warning: format â%lldâ expects type âlong long
intâ, but
argument 4 has type âoff_tâ
fs_store.c:238: warning: format â%lldâ expects type âlong long intâ, but
argument 4 has type âoff_tâ
fs_store.c: In function
âfsi_seek_iâ:fs_store.c:292: warning: format â%lldâ expects type âlong long
intâ, but
argument 4 has type âoff_tâ
fs_store.c:292: warning: format â%lldâ expects type âlong long intâ, but
argument 4 has type âoff_tâ
ferret.c: In function
âobject_add2â:ferret.c:69: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different
size
ferret.c:69: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
ferret.c: In function
âobject_del2â:ferret.c:88: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different
size
r_search.c: In function
âfrt_td_to_sâ:r_search.c:202: warning: format â%dâ expects type âintâ, but
argument 3 has type
âlong intâ
compound_io.c: In function
âcmpdi_read_iâ:compound_io.c:135: warning: format â%lldâ expects type âlong long
intâ, but
argument 4 has type âoff_tâ
compound_io.c:135: warning: format â%lldâ expects type âlong long intâ, but
argument 5 has type âoff_tâ
compound_io.c:135: warning: format â%lldâ expects type âlong long intâ, but
argument 4 has type âoff_tâ
compound_io.c:135: warning: format â%lldâ expects type âlong long intâ, but
argument 5 has type âoff_tâ
compound_io.c: In function
âcw_copy_fileâ:compound_io.c:324: warning: format â%lldâ expects type âlong long
intâ, but
argument 4 has type âoff_tâ
compound_io.c:324: warning: format â%lldâ expects type âlong long intâ, but
argument 4 has type âoff_tâ
compound_io.c:333: warning: format â%lldâ expects type âlong long intâ, but
argument 4 has type âoff_tâ
compound_io.c:333: warning: format â%lldâ expects type âlong long intâ, but
argument 5 has type âoff_tâ
compound_io.c:333: warning: format â%lldâ expects type âlong long intâ, but
argument 4 has type âoff_tâ
compound_io.c:333: warning: format â%lldâ expects type âlong long intâ, but
argument 5 has type âoff_tâ
store.c: In function
âis_refillâ:store.c:215: warning: format â%lldâ expects type âlong long intâ,
but argument 4
has type âoff_tâ
store.c:215: warning: format â%lldâ expects type âlong long intâ, but argument 5
has type âoff_tâ
store.c:215: warning: format â%lldâ expects type âlong long intâ, but argument 4
has type âoff_tâ
store.c:215: warning: format â%lldâ expects type âlong long intâ, but argument 5
has type âoff_tâ
ruby extconf.rb install ferret
creating Makefile
Jeff Green
Direct:      020 7923 5652
Switchboard: 020 7923 5610
Mobile:      0778 951 2033

Jobs Go Public is a limited company registered in England and Wales.
Registration Number 3716200. V.A.T Number 777 9458 52. Registered
office; 12-16 Laystall Street, London, EC1R 4PF

Consider the environment; please don't print this email unless you
really need to.
B5e329ffa0cc78efbfc7ae2d084c149f?d=identicon&s=25 David Balmain (Guest)
On 3/30/07, Jeff Green <jeff.green@jgp.co.uk> wrote:
> Running gem install ferret and selecting 0.11.3 on a Dual Xeon or Dual Opteron 64 bit
box running Debian Etch gives the following list of nasty looking warnings, anyone running
successfully on 64 bit linux?
> <ship>error messages</snip>

Hi Jeff,

I think I've fixed this but as I don't have a 64 bit system to test
on, I don't know for sure. Could you please let me know when I release
the next version.

Cheers,
Dave
A6ec52c828542f69fcbe8ae1b6060250?d=identicon&s=25 Cedric Brancourt (Guest)
on 2007-06-02 16:03
David Balmain wrote:
> On 3/30/07, Jeff Green <jeff.green@jgp.co.uk> wrote:
>> Running gem install ferret and selecting 0.11.3 on a Dual Xeon or Dual Opteron 64 bit
box running Debian Etch gives the following list of nasty looking warnings, anyone running
successfully on 64 bit linux?
>> <ship>error messages</snip>
>
> Hi Jeff,
>
> I think I've fixed this but as I don't have a 64 bit system to test
> on, I don't know for sure. Could you please let me know when I release
> the next version.
>
> Cheers,
> Dave

Hi ,
On my debian etch 64 bit server, ferret has been compiled with no
errors.
I'am using the latest gem's.