Forum: Ruby on Rails looking for a minimalist blog

997433f165140d58f52b8c0d1d005dc1?d=identicon&s=25 Patrick Aljord (Guest)
hey all,
I'm looking for a minimalist blog that I could embed into an existing
application, it's only for one user and doesn't need to be fancy.

thanx in advance

Pat
72ee7b478a235f646c3495f03ebbe676?d=identicon&s=25 Andrew Stewart (Guest)
On 29 Mar 2007, at 02:35, Patrick Aljord wrote:
> I'm looking for a minimalist blog that I could embed into an existing
> application, it's only for one user and doesn't need to be fancy.

If it's for just one user and doesn't need to be fancy, it might be
easier and quicker to write it yourself rather than take an existing
one and pare it back.

Then you'll know it does exactly what you want, no more and no less.

Regards,
Andy Stewart
Bd2d12f85f54f93d3c9e2f558a593024?d=identicon&s=25 Mark Thomas (markthomas)
> I'm looking for a minimalist blog that I could embed into an existing
> application, it's only for one user and doesn't need to be fancy.

Isn't that precisely what DHH creates in the original Rails 10-minute
video?

You could scaffold a single model with title, body, and created_at
fields. The rest is HTML and CSS tweaking.