Forum: Rails deployment Does anybody out there use Site5 hosting?

0ee4981fc075f0044f8eb6942d4a8437?d=identicon&s=25 BraveDave (Guest)
on 2007-03-28 22:18
I just signed up for the Site5 Multi-Domain product today and have no
clue how to manage my site on their control panel. They say they don't
have a consultant they can put me in touch there anyone out
there I could pay to steer me through the basics?
The first thing I'd like to do is set up a Subversion (webpage or file?)
so that I can maintain my backups there.
Thank you,
dak AT itracker DOT com
847f2700e06bfde56a55a53a21db4785?d=identicon&s=25 scott stewart (Guest)
I just started working on a site for a client that has decided to go
with Site5. I have found this wiki page to be extreamly valuable:
There is a section on setting up Subversion with some very helpful
links to the things it sounds like you are trying to do.

After looking at the WIKI, the first thing you should do is go to
"Site Admin" from the Control Panel and make sure that you have shell
access turned on so that you can use ssh and to get a bash terminal
session. I found that this was already the default case for the site I
was working on, but have noticed in most of the documents that others
have had to explicitly set this up.

On Mar 28, 4:18 pm, BraveDave <>
49b33c2b72228c81244399b449a2b554?d=identicon&s=25 Jose Garbarino (Guest)
Jean-Michel has a nice example for deploying to site5 with capistrano.

On 3/28/07, BraveDave <> wrote:
> --

"Eppure si muove"