Forum: Ruby on Rails freeze extra gems?

E1f43bafda26307a050d11902752b2a6?d=identicon&s=25 Ball, Donald A Jr (Library) (Guest)
I'm just now getting around to freezing rails into my app. Is there a
way to freeze extra gems into my app as well, e.g. ezcrypto or even the
dreaded rmagick?

- donald
Bce1d1b7c3ec7b577dcb42e254899e6b?d=identicon&s=25 Michael Schuerig (Guest)
On Tuesday 27 March 2007, Ball, Donald A Jr (Library) wrote:
> I'm just now getting around to freezing rails into my app. Is there a
> way to freeze extra gems into my app as well, e.g. ezcrypto or even
> the dreaded rmagick?

Yes, look for the gemsonrails gem.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig
mailto:michael@schuerig.de

Just posted today: http://errtheblog.com/post/2120

--
Chris Wanstrath
http://errtheblog.com
E1f43bafda26307a050d11902752b2a6?d=identicon&s=25 Ball, Donald A Jr (Library) (Guest)
> > I'm just now getting around to freezing rails into my app.
> Is there a
> > way to freeze extra gems into my app as well, e.g. ezcrypto or even
> > the dreaded rmagick?
>
> Just posted today: http://errtheblog.com/post/2120

Ooh, synchronicity. Thanks! Both this and gemsonrails look simple and
elegant. I reckon I'd lean towards the latter since it's a
self-contained gem instead of a small set of manual patches. Is there
some reason I might want to consider that instinct?

- donald
B8dbb1987e8e5318584865f880036796?d=identicon&s=25 Chris Wanstrath (defunkt)
On 3/27/07, Ball, Donald A Jr (Library) <donald.ball@nashville.gov>
wrote:

> Ooh, synchronicity. Thanks! Both this and gemsonrails look simple and
> elegant. I reckon I'd lean towards the latter since it's a
> self-contained gem instead of a small set of manual patches. Is there
> some reason I might want to consider that instinct?

Really, whatever you feel more comfortable with.  There are a few
solutions listed in that post and they all have a different flavor but
ultimately achieve the same goal.  As long as you know what's going
on, do what feels best.

--
Chris Wanstrath
http://errtheblog.com