Forum: Ruby on Rails error: procedure entry point not found

C4bd59695df68a428fc2f7a165d59a19?d=identicon&s=25 Will Merydith (wmerydith)
on 2007-03-27 17:35
Running Instant Rails - latest version.

When I run rake db:migrate, I get the error (in a pop up window):

The procedure entry point mysql_stmt_row_tell could not be located in
the dynamic link library LIBMYSQL.dll.

After clicking ok several times the migration runs.  My site also runs
locally.

What's this error all about?

Thanks.
C4bd59695df68a428fc2f7a165d59a19?d=identicon&s=25 Will Merydith (wmerydith)
on 2007-03-27 21:10
I realized the problem started happening after I install the mysql gem,
based on advice from 'Agile Web Development With Rails' page 292.  So I
uninstalled that gem and the error went away.

The reason I installed it is because DHH recommended it to increase
performance.
C475cffda1800fbc3f3af17bc10c220f?d=identicon&s=25 Curt Hibbs (Guest)

> I realized the problem started happening after I install the mysql gem,
> based on advice from 'Agile Web Development With Rails' page 292.  So I
> uninstalled that gem and the error went away.
>
> The reason I installed it is because DHH recommended it to increase
> performance.

Actually, you don't need to install it as it is already included in
Instant Rails.

Curt
0bc8bd3a79f89c95435992fe8d9069bf?d=identicon&s=25 Samuel Johnson (ormizd)
on 2008-03-28 23:21
I received the same error message. After copying libmysql.dll (from my
MySQL installation) to my ruby/bin folder, the error went away. I'm not
sure if there are any potentially negative consequences of copying the
file, but everything seems to be working for now.

Will Merydith wrote:
> Running Instant Rails - latest version.
>
> When I run rake db:migrate, I get the error (in a pop up window):
>
> The procedure entry point mysql_stmt_row_tell could not be located in
> the dynamic link library LIBMYSQL.dll.
>
> After clicking ok several times the migration runs.  My site also runs
> locally.
>
> What's this error all about?
>
> Thanks.
A1e482ff272ec78f34d4b9bad7ea28b7?d=identicon&s=25 Khoa Nguyen (blue_craft)
on 2008-09-06 07:45
Samuel Johnson wrote:
> I received the same error message. After copying libmysql.dll (from my
> MySQL installation) to my ruby/bin folder, the error went away. I'm not
> sure if there are any potentially negative consequences of copying the
> file, but everything seems to be working for now.

It really does resolve the problem. Thanks.
09393d9190f669f6bec97632259329d6?d=identicon&s=25 Keyur P. (keyur_p)
on 2010-11-29 07:08
this works as mentioned above:

copy libmysql.dll (from my MySQL installation) to my ruby/bin folder