Forum: Ruby Ruby.NET on Channel9

C2e6b28c4f4a04607bd0bc4dcbbdb5fc?d=identicon&s=25 Jörg W Mittag (Guest)

I just noticed that Channel9 (Microsoft's community website -- at
least as far as Microsoft's definition of "community" goes) posted a
video interview with Dr. Wayne Kelly, Senior Lecturer at Queensland
University of Technology and maintainer of Ruby.NET.  Haven't watched
it yet (still downloading), so I can't comment on the quality.
(Typically, the interviewers are Microsoft employees and specifically
C# Windows developers, so when it comes to more esoteric stuff like
dynamic or functional programming or alternative operating systems
their questions tend to not be exactly the smartest.)

Clicky here: <>.

33ec7e55a251c1be8d6febfd929aebbe?d=identicon&s=25 Greg Kujawa (gregarican)
On Mar 26, 4:24 pm, Jörg W Mittag <Joerg.Mit...@Web.De> wrote:
> their questions tend to not be exactly the smartest.)
> Clicky here: <>.
> jwm

Interesting that the guy just picked Ruby to implement on top of .NET,
but really isn't a true proponent of Ruby. He apparently just picked
Ruby as one of the more popular dynamic languages to use for his
compiler project. A bit off topic, but why does Microsoft show all of
these video feeds of interviews when there's no graphs, charts, or
other visual aids? I feel like I'm watching a police interrogation...