Forum: Ruby on Rails Can this work? Apache/FastCGI special case (?)

2e4d392d8b315dcdae016de085a546a1?d=identicon&s=25 mamad (Guest)
on 2007-03-26 19:49
Hi everyone,

I have a website running, but would like to add a rails app to be
accessed as at a specific path of the application e.g.:
www.example.com/myrailsapp/

So I have apache configured (using virtualhost to redirect requests to
such address and port to my main website, but how can I modify this to
also point to my rails app, without messing up the main website. do I
need another virtualhost, what is the procedure?

plz, let me know if this can be done using mongrel easier, I don't have
any restriction.

Many thanks in advance,

mf.
Dfd6f9989147955682701da8227df8b4?d=identicon&s=25 Michael Wang (Guest)
mamad wrote:

> plz, let me know if this can be done using mongrel easier, I don't have
> any restriction.

You can do it easily with Apache and Mongrel if you have mod_proxy
installed. You can look at my example in this thread:

http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/102739

You have to read both my replies for the complete solution. I haven't
used Rails with FastCGI before so I don't know how to configure that
setup.

--
Michael Wang
2e4d392d8b315dcdae016de085a546a1?d=identicon&s=25 mamadlin (Guest)
Michael Wang wrote:
> You have to read both my replies for the complete solution. I haven't
> used Rails with FastCGI before so I don't know how to configure that
> setup.
Many Thanks for your reply Michael, I'll try it now.