Forum: Ruby on Rails how to close a popup?

997433f165140d58f52b8c0d1d005dc1?d=identicon&s=25 Patrick Aljord (Guest)
hey all,
I open a popup from a firefox extension with window.open(myurl).
The content of the popup is a regular form with a text_field to fill.
Is there a way to automatically close the popup after the user click
the form's submit button?

thanx in advance

Pat
Eae2478e81e1559b633c7621fba41298?d=identicon&s=25 Shawn (Guest)
on 2007-03-26 05:57
window.close();  ?

I personally use a button type input and add an onclick handler to do
stuff.  If the form looks good I then do a document.forms[0].submit()
and then window.close().

Hope this helps!

Shawn