Forum: Ruby Re: Prcoessing outoput from tail

555c1193071e97926fa67c038244c047?d=identicon&s=25 Phy Prabab (Guest)
Cool, thanks I will check this out.  In the mean time I think I figured
out a work around, the only problem left is to figure out how to make
this thread-able:

IO.popen('tail -F foo.txt') {|file|
   while line = file.gets
   puts line
   end
}

The "while line" was what helped and I even tried the file rolling and
tail complained but picked up the new file, so ijust need to process
that error.  Do you see any advantage using this over the gem (this way
I don't have to make everyone download the gem as well).

TIA!
Phy