Forum: Ruby Getting uncompressed size of zipfile with Rubyzip

Dfa9c5c24d16b812ff7e9d8b8b54dc55?d=identicon&s=25 Stian Haklev (Guest)
on 2007-03-23 10:33
This should be really easy and obvious, but I have been looking around,
at Rubyzip documentation, googling etc, and I haven't found a very
obvious answer. All I want is to get the uncompressed size of an entire
zipfile. So far I've only found how to get the uncompressed size of
individual files within the zip file. I am using unzip -Z -t
with some regexp, which works, but it's not portable or nice.

Thanks a lot, and apologies if this is a really obvious question.
Stian in Jakarta
Be223e60c56535a0e465b84243aeb0d1?d=identicon&s=25 Timothy Goddard (Guest)
On Mar 23, 9:33 pm, Stian Haklev <> wrote:
> --

You could get a list of files then add up the sizes.