Forum: Ruby Appropriate directory for "third-party" utilities?

31fdda5f38fc6df4e193cfb7445ddc5a?d=identicon&s=25 Richard (Guest)
Hi All,

I just wrote searchdir.rb that works the way I like to search
directories.  I read recently there's an appropriate place in the
installed Ruby system to put third party routines, presumably
including stuff we write for our own systems.  I can't remember the
name of the preferred directory.  Any ideas?

I'm running WinXP-Pro/SP2, Ruby 1.8.2-15, Rails  1.1.6, Gem 0.9.

I've got the ".rb" extension mapped to Ruby.exe, whose directory is on
the PATH.

Heretofore,  I've put Ruby utilities in a separate "Utilities"
directory which is on the PATH, and that worked fine.  But now I want
to do it "The Ruby Way".

TIA,
Richard
0276239ca57aee241d4b41379587fa20?d=identicon&s=25 Lyle Johnson (Guest)
On 3/22/07, Richard <RichardDummyMailbox58407@uscomputergurus.com>
wrote:

> I just wrote searchdir.rb that works the way I like to search
> directories.  I read recently there's an appropriate place in the
> installed Ruby system to put third party routines, presumably
> including stuff we write for our own systems.  I can't remember the
> name of the preferred directory.  Any ideas?

I think you may be speaking of the lib/ruby/site_ruby directory.
31fdda5f38fc6df4e193cfb7445ddc5a?d=identicon&s=25 Richard (Guest)
Thanks, Lyle.