Forum: Ruby on Rails Anyone using Goldberg for production sites?

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
3359fe304445143e71f2bb61e549ebc0?d=identicon&s=25 Jake Cutter (Guest)
on 2007-03-22 03:14
(Received via mailing list)
Just starting to look at Goldberg and I like what I see so far. However,
there's quite a bit in there. Anyone using Goldberg for production
sites?
How is the security, flexibility, etc?

Thanks for any input you can provide!

Jake
3359fe304445143e71f2bb61e549ebc0?d=identicon&s=25 Jake Cutter (Guest)
on 2007-03-22 14:33
(Received via mailing list)
On 3/21/07, Jake Cutter <cutter38@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Just starting to look at Goldberg and I like what I see so far. However,
> there's quite a bit in there. Anyone using Goldberg for production sites?
> How is the security, flexibility, etc?


Bump...anyone at all? I'm certain someone out there has some experience
with
this?

Thanks!

Jake
F148ec0cad8ea241b1cfd80e7ec8a7df?d=identicon&s=25 Fredrik (Guest)
on 2007-03-22 15:03
(Received via mailing list)
What is it? Obviously I can't answer your question, but would like to
know what it is. Consider it a free bump :)

Fredrik
67d3880bbfaafdb2a2108b7c9a64df47?d=identicon&s=25 Adrian Madrid (Guest)
on 2007-03-22 15:54
(Received via mailing list)
Jake,

I personally don't although I'm looking into it. I know, though, of a
company that does. In the past MtnWestRuby conference a guy from
SurgeWorks [1] presented Goldberg and mentioned they use it all the
time and that it gives them a great head start when starting new
projects for the security and features built in. That presentation is
the reason aI am taking another look into Goldberg.

Just my .02 cents ;-)


AEM

[1] http://www.surgeworks.com/


On 3/22/07, Jake Cutter <cutter38@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jake
>
>
>  >
>


--
Adrian Esteban Madrid
845b2f687d5e5882d0fe5e82d0931f21?d=identicon&s=25 Phil Peterman (Guest)
on 2007-03-23 12:51
Adrian Madrid wrote:
> Jake,
>
> I personally don't although I'm looking into it. I know, though, of a
> company that does. In the past MtnWestRuby conference a guy from
> SurgeWorks [1] presented Goldberg and mentioned they use it all the
> time and that it gives them a great head start when starting new
> projects for the security and features built in. That presentation is
> the reason aI am taking another look into Goldberg.
>
> Just my .02 cents ;-)

Hi Jake,

We are in the midst of development on our project and are using goldberg
to bootstrap the admin backend, security and authentication.  If you
have questions I would be happy to try and help.  You can email me at
phil@removeme.emarketsouth.com
25af6703cd7b6476ad2778ee6d4eb7b6?d=identicon&s=25 rubynuby (Guest)
on 2007-12-09 06:13
(Received via mailing list)
> Hi Jake,
>
> We are in the midst of development on our project and are usinggoldberg
> to bootstrap the admin backend, security and authentication.  If you
> have questions I would be happy to try and help.  You can email me at
> p...@removeme.emarketsouth.com
>
> --
> Posted viahttp://www.ruby-forum.com/.

Hello Phil,

I found your post in google groups.  I hope you don't mind answering a
question:  The goldberg forum appears dead.  I think the author must
be very busy.

have you implemented a "remember me" aka "keep me logged in" feature
in goldberg?

has it worked out well for you?  any problems?

thankd in advance

luu
171ea139761951336b844e708d1547ab?d=identicon&s=25 James Byrne (byrnejb)
on 2008-01-07 17:24
rubynuby wrote:
> The goldberg forum appears dead.  I think the author must
> be very busy.
>

Goldberg 2.0.2 has been released as a gem.  It works with Rails >= 2.
ONLY, the Goldberg gem 2.0.1 ONLY works with Rails < 2.

I am using Goldberg as the web i/f scaffold for a new project.  I have
only glossed over its features but have managed a fully customized
appearance and colour scheme nonetheless, albeit based on the EWNF
template.

The author has been very busy and traveling of late.  However, he has
plans to revise the authentication scheme to permit multiple roles per
userid rather than the strict single inheritance scheme presently used.
171ea139761951336b844e708d1547ab?d=identicon&s=25 James Byrne (byrnejb)
on 2008-01-07 17:42
James Byrne wrote:
>
> Goldberg 2.0.2 has been released as a gem.  It works with Rails >= 2.
> ONLY, the Goldberg gem 2.0.1 ONLY works with Rails < 2.
>

That should be goldberg_generator 0.2.1 and 0.2.2
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.