Forum: GNU Radio GNU Radio interface to Code Composer Studio

Ea701fa5600c3a535d80c75e8196e59c?d=identicon&s=25 ayman shalaby (Guest)
Hi All

I have realized lately in order to implement my own signal processing
algorithms on the FPGA i have to break the USRP which could be waste
of time to me.

My goal instead of performing the heavy signal processing on the PC's
GPP,
is to implement them on TI 6416 DSK and interface GNURadio to Code
Composer Studio under Windows (as Code Composer Studio isn't  supported
under
Linux).

The USRP will be only used for the DDC and DUC

I don't know how this interface can be done ,and i don't think anybody
before done what we are planning to do now . But I just  wonder anyone
can give us some guidelines  or opinions.

Thanks in advance
Ayman Shalaby
On Tue, Mar 20, 2007 at 06:09:08PM -0400, ayman shalaby wrote:

> The USRP will be only used for the DDC and DUC
>
> I don't know how this interface can be done ,and i don't think anybody
> before done what we are planning to do now . But I just  wonder anyone can give us some
guidelines  or opinions.

> Thanks in advance
> Ayman Shalaby

This should be possible, if you're willing to do some work.
For sake of discussion, assume that the "real" daughterboard(s) that
you want to use are installed on the "A-side" of the USRP.

Then, if you installed a Basic Rx and a Basic Tx on the "B-side", you
would have access to 32 i/o pins that connect to the FPGA, 16 on the
Basic Tx and 16 on the Basic Rx.

You have complete control over what happens with those pins, and could
use them to interface (somehow) to the TI 6414.

Eric