Forum: Ruby Mechanize SelectList Issue

7277692cbdf58b87f9e1f5c5e367ae68?d=identicon&s=25 jwcooper (Guest)

I have been pretty successful in using Mechanize for submitting forms
of all types.  The following select list has been giving me trouble to
no ends.  I am not able to get it to submit for any reason.  It
actually submits the form, but when I look at what I submitted, the
value is always blank.

Here is the select list:

<select style="font-family: Arial, sans-serif;  font-size: 11px;"
name="Greetings" size="1">
          <option value="">Please Select
          <option>YO
          <option>HELLO
          <option>HOLA
          </select>

One thing to note is that the <option>'s don't get closed (</
option>).  Would this cause issues with Mechanize?  When I "pp" the
page it seems list the three options with the correct text (although
it looks like this 'YO\n\t\t\t\t\t'), and with 'null' values.

Here is what I have tried to no avail:

form.fields.name('Greetings').options[1].click
form.fields.name('Greetings').options[1].select
form.field('Greetings').options[1].select
form.field('Greetings').options[1].click
form.fields('Greetings').options[1].click

I can successfully grab the values out of the options by using:

myselectlist = form.fields.name('Greetings').options[1]
puts myselectlist.text

Any ideas on why I can't submit the form with the option I want to
select?  I can submit the form, but the 'select' never gets
processed.  No errors are thrown.

Thank you for any help you can provide!
On Mar 20, 3:13 pm, "jwcooper" <jwcoo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> <select style="font-family: Arial, sans-serif;  font-size: 11px;"
> it looks like this 'YO\n\t\t\t\t\t'), and with 'null' values.
>
> myselectlist = form.fields.name('Greetings').options[1]
> puts myselectlist.text
>
> Any ideas on why I can't submit the form with the option I want to
> select?  I can submit the form, but the 'select' never gets
> processed.  No errors are thrown.
>
> Thank you for any help you can provide!

I am still a bit out of luck on this one.  Anyone have any ideas?

I've also tried just setting the value of the select list to my
desired value, and that didn't work either.

Thank you!