Forum: Ruby Documentation for Socket is not there!!!!!

0db083e56e4d69540df2ec1b00f40582?d=identicon&s=25 sairam MP (sai438)
on 2007-03-19 14:00
I am unable to view the documentation for Socket related APIs. can any
help me out of this??
7f891fbe8e3bae7f9fe375407ce90d9d?d=identicon&s=25 Harold Hausman (Guest)
On 3/19/07, sairam MP <sai438@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am unable to view the documentation for Socket related APIs. can any
> help me out of this??

Hello.

Consider searching the web for the information you seek:
http://www.google.com/search?q=ruby+socket

This was the _first_ result.
http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/socket/rdoc/index.html

Hope that helps,
-Harold
0db083e56e4d69540df2ec1b00f40582?d=identicon&s=25 sairam MP (sai438)
on 2007-03-19 14:26
Harold Hausman wrote:
> On 3/19/07, sairam MP <sai438@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am unable to view the documentation for Socket related APIs. can any
>> help me out of this??
>>

> Hello.
>
> Consider searching the web for the information you seek:
> http://www.google.com/search?q=ruby+socket
>
> This was the _first_ result.
> http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/socket/rdoc/index.html
>
> Hope that helps,
> -Harold

Actually I was saying about the documentation in the Ruby Software in
Linux FC4 using ri
852a62a28f1de229dc861ce903b07a60?d=identicon&s=25 Gavin Kistner (phrogz)
On Mar 19, 7:26 am, sairam MP <sai...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually I was saying about the documentation in the Ruby Software in
> Linux FC4 using ri

Ah, if that's what you meant, that's what you should have said. :)

It works fine for me:

Slim:~ gkistner$ ri Socket
---------------------------------------------------------- Class:
Socket
     Class Socket provides access to the underlying operating system
     socket implementations. It can be used to provide more operating
     system specific functionality than the protocol-specific socket
     classes but at the expense of greater complexity. In particular,
     the class handles addresses using +struct sockaddr+ structures
[snip]

But I'm on MacOS X with my own build of Ruby 1.8.5. What version of
Ruby are you using?
92cc800a37b41895b1a667be9c6f0349?d=identicon&s=25 ChrisKaelin (Guest)
On 19 Mrz., 15:12, "Phrogz" <g...@refinery.com> wrote:
> ---------------------------------------------------------- Class:
> Socket
>      Class Socket provides access to the underlying operating system
>      socket implementations. It can be used to provide more operating
>      system specific functionality than the protocol-specific socket
>      classes but at the expense of greater complexity. In particular,
>      the class handles addresses using +struct sockaddr+ structures
> [snip]
>
> But I'm on MacOS X with my own build of Ruby 1.8.5. What version of
> Ruby are you using?

Works on (K)ubuntu too...
On Mar 19, 2007, at 06:26, sairam MP wrote:
>> http://www.google.com/search?q=ruby+socket
>>
>> This was the _first_ result.
>> http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/socket/rdoc/index.html
>>
>> Hope that helps,
>> -Harold
>
> Actually I was saying about the documentation in the Ruby Software in
> Linux FC4 using ri

It most definitely gets generated on 1.8.5.  You're either missing
some part of ruby or need to file a bug with your ruby packager.