Forum: Ruby on Rails ruby development

F34b54625e80924149cf4fc5e1dd6dbe?d=identicon&s=25 johntmarino@gmail.com (Guest)
I haven't begun learning ruby yet, soon though. I currently develop
web apps using eclipse on linux. I'm looking for a new platform to
develop in that will support ruby on rails along with other web
languages (ajax etc) on linux. what do you guys recommend?
johntmarino wrote:

> I haven't begun learning ruby yet, soon though. I currently develop
> web apps using eclipse on linux. I'm looking for a new platform to
> develop in that will support ruby on rails along with other web
> languages (ajax etc) on linux. what do you guys recommend?

Rails _is_ a platform.

By "platform" do you mean an IDE? an Integrated Development Environment?

This is the "what editor?" FAQ, so Google for "editor Rails". One of the
answers will be Radrails, which is Eclipse + (IIRC) RDT. Just plug that
in
and keep going with Eclipse!

--
  Phlip