Forum: Ruby on Rails macfuse, textmate, edit on remote server, a little help?

3eda6fcd3204ef285fa52176c28c4d3e?d=identicon&s=25 blueskies (Guest)
on 2007-03-18 03:58
i am following this:

#begin

How to edit remote files using macfuse and sshfs - Christian Tan

One major annoyance for me was being unable to use textmate project
management for files on my server. I used to use cyberduck with
textmate, which works ok, but this one is more conveniant:

Install macfuse

Mount your remote server using sshfs:

 sshfs user@servername:/ ~/mnt/servername
-oping_diskarb,volname=servername'

Now on the commandline on my laptop, I go to any file in
~/mnt/servername/ and do: mate <filename> and I can just add files to a
projectdrawer in textmate. Best of all is that you do not need to
prepare anything on your server if it is already running ssh.

#end

where do i type the sshfs command? in my terminal on local, or after i
log in my account on my webserver? on both, i get sshfs not found.
Af72b502d277ea86637ba12c5056ec68?d=identicon&s=25 unknown (Guest)

> [Â…]
>
> where do i type the sshfs command? in my terminal on local, or after i
> log in my account on my webserver? on both, i get sshfs not found.

in the terminal on your local machine.

i would suspect where ever you have installed macfuse/sshfs, it is not
included in your path - read up on on the PATH environment variable.

cheers,
jean-pierre
E9f0abb0dae590bd434bb945a2a5e7e5?d=identicon&s=25 Jordan Krushen (Guest)

> where do i type the sshfs command? in my terminal on local, or after i
> log in my account on my webserver? on both, i get sshfs not found.

Alternatively, you can use sshfs.app[1].  It'll remember your recent
connections, too.

[1] http://macfuse.googlecode.com/files/sshfs-0.1.0.dmg

J.