Forum: NGINX Images are missing in drupal 7 working on nginx

2974d09ac2541e892966b762aad84943?d=identicon&s=25 Dew (Guest)
I welcome,

I am here new and if I am writing in the bad department I apologise.
Around drupalem earlier I already had the contact but now already on
seriously and wants on the base drupal 7 to build the web page. My
server is VPS with the system ubuntu, I installed server www nginx
because he is being efficienting very much and here my problem appeared.
Because images which he is adding aren't reading carefully to articles.
After using automatic sending the picture to the server the link to him
is following:

http://site.com/sites/default/files/field/image/my...

But already after writing articles the link is following:

http://site.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/p...

And he isn't being shown, and if I write the link of the picture down in
the browser:

http://site.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/p...

Server nginx is giving mistake 404: 404 Not Found nginx/0.8.54. I
configured nginx according to it: http://wiki.nginx.org/Drupal Perhaps
somebody had similar probilem and does know how to fix it? I will still
add that for the keying become integrated of editor wyswig tinymce. On
lighttpd everything acted well but how I changed the www server on nginx
then images don't just work

my real address is replacing sites with site.com

I apologise for my weak English very thanks

also my topic on drupal.org: http://drupal.org/node/1048570

Posted at Nginx Forum:
2974d09ac2541e892966b762aad84943?d=identicon&s=25 brianmercer (Guest)
Dew Wrote:
> reading carefully to articles. After using
> ublic/field/image/my_image_fakt02022011_470.jpeg
> similar probilem and does know how to fix it? I
> http://drupal.org/node/1048570
The best place to request help with nginx configuration for Drupal is
the nginx group at groups.drupal.org. http://groups.drupal.org/nginx

There are some sample configs linked at the top of that page, though
some of those are for Drupal6 and not Drupal7.

In Drupal7, images in the /styles directory have to send their 404s to
Drupal for creation of alternate images, just like images in /imagecache
for Drupal6.

Something like:

  location ~ ^.*/files\/styles\/.*$ {
    access_log      off;
    expires         45d;
    error_page 404 @drupal;
  }

If you want to post your full config over at groups.drupal.org/nginx
folks will be happy to help.

Posted at Nginx Forum:
526b09f2b949aae346eda86df5827b1f?d=identicon&s=25 "António P. P. Almeida" <appa@perusio.net> (Guest)
On 4 Fev 2011 10h51 WET, nginx-forum@nginx.us wrote:

http://site.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/p...
> I apologise for my weak English very thanks
>
> also my topic on drupal.org: http://drupal.org/node/1048570

Like Brian said hop in to the Nginx Drupal group. I would say that you
seem to miss a location with a fallback to Drupal so that the images
are (re)generated if they don't exist.

A rule like Brian indicated is what it takes. You can see my config
here https://github.com/perusio/drupal-with-nginx that contemplates
drupal 7 or others at the top of the group page:
http://groups.drupal.org/nginx

In general the drupal group is the place to be for Nginx and Drupal
related issues.

--- appa
526b09f2b949aae346eda86df5827b1f?d=identicon&s=25 "António P. P. Almeida" <appa@perusio.net> (Guest)
On 4 Fev 2011 16h45 WET, appa@perusio.net wrote:

I just want to add that Drupal 7 no longer needs the "clean URL
rewrite" rule.

A simple:

# This implements all Drupal handling. No need for regex magick when
# rewriting. D7 handles that.
location @drupal {
    rewrite ^ /index.php last;
}

will do.

--- appa
2974d09ac2541e892966b762aad84943?d=identicon&s=25 Dew (Guest)

clean URL work, only images work not

On 4 Fev 2011 17h15 WET, nginx-forum@nginx.us wrote:

>> # This implements all Drupal handling. No need for

> clean URL work, only images work not

I've never said that. I've said that the rule is now is *much
simpler*.

As per the rest. Bryan's reply coupled with mine already gave you a
solution. I'm afraid that isn't going to be of much help to you if you
don't consider your config as a whole and just ask questions about
snippets without considering the remaining.

Post it here all of ti or at the Drupal Nginx group if you want us to
help you debugging it.

--- appa