Forum: Ruby on Rails rake db:migrate equivalent for java

5b8a9d44aa6a8744585bf09cc7e4e2fd?d=identicon&s=25 Ben Warner (Guest)
on 2007-03-16 13:02
Hiya all,
I'm working as a Java developer, but trying out ruby in my spare time.
I really like the db:migrate functionality in rake.  I was wondering if
anyone knows of a java/ant equivalent for a java setup.

Regards,
Ben Warner
Ddf9c98db9ac40c6875fd2a5b2d4fa72?d=identicon&s=25 Eric Northam (Guest)
Checkout autopatch at http://autopatch.sourceforge.net/. I used to
work with the guys at tacitknowledge who wrote and now support it and
we used it on some very large projects and it worked well.

Eric
27c57aaa4bda5ac8b0593659573b522f?d=identicon&s=25 Blair Zajac (Guest)
Ben Warner wrote:
> Hiya all,
> I'm working as a Java developer, but trying out ruby in my spare time.
> I really like the db:migrate functionality in rake.  I was wondering if
> anyone knows of a java/ant equivalent for a java setup.
>
> Regards,
> Ben Warner

Well, I believe you could use jruby and ActiveJDBC.  I haven't tried it
myself, but it may be possible.

Regards,
Blair

--
Blair Zajac, Ph.D.
<blair@orcaware.com>
Blair Zajac wrote:
> Ben Warner wrote:
>> Hiya all,
>> I'm working as a Java developer, but trying out ruby in my spare time.
>> I really like the db:migrate functionality in rake.  I was wondering if
>> anyone knows of a java/ant equivalent for a java setup.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ben Warner
>
> Well, I believe you could use jruby and ActiveJDBC.  I haven't tried it
> myself, but it may be possible.
>
> Regards,
> Blair
>
> --
> Blair Zajac, Ph.D.
> <blair@orcaware.com>
> Subversion training, consulting and support
> http://www.orcaware.com/svn/

Thankyou very much Blair / Eric, I'll have a look at both of those
products/methods.
5b8a9d44aa6a8744585bf09cc7e4e2fd?d=identicon&s=25 Ben Warner (Guest)
on 2007-03-21 10:37
Autopatch looks to be the exact thing I'm after.  Cheers!