Forum: GNU Radio Question about Basic TX/RX boards, the I, Q

908b26698752d141fda4c93e5ce45d9e?d=identicon&s=25 hanwen (Guest)
Hi, all.

Today I try an old QPSK transmission program on Basic TX/RX and failed.
However, it does work well on rfx2400.
I just simply connect TX 1 of Basic TX on transmitter to RX 1 of Basic
RX on
receiver. The receiver program failed to synchronize with pilot
sequence.
The carrier frequency is 100Mhz.
Is the signal from TX 1 is just I or Q path of the complex signal? I saw
signal come out from both TX1 and TX2.
BTW, I could only receive signal from RX1 of Basic RX and nothing from
RX2.
Very confusing. ^_^
On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 05:33:36PM +0800, hanwen wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
> Today I try an old QPSK transmission program on Basic TX/RX and failed.
> However, it does work well on rfx2400.
> I just simply connect TX 1 of Basic TX on transmitter to RX 1 of Basic RX on
> receiver. The receiver program failed to synchronize with pilot sequence.
> The carrier frequency is 100Mhz.

That's too high for the Basic_Tx / Basic_Rx unless you really know
what you're doing.  Try using 10MHz.

Eric