Forum: Ruby Animated window resize with FXRuby

0f8cefcdb645e4d8e1dfe8556ba5c102?d=identicon&s=25 Dat Chu (Guest)
Hello,

Does anyone know of any prebuilt framework to facilitate animation in
FXRuby (or GTK, or Qt)? I am coming from the web world and don't know
everything about desktop GUI.

I can't seem to find any information on how to make similar animation
like those found in Scriptaculous, Mootools, ....

Any pointer would be appreciated guys.
0276239ca57aee241d4b41379587fa20?d=identicon&s=25 Lyle Johnson (Guest)
On 3/15/07, Dat Chu <dattanchu@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know of any prebuilt framework to facilitate animation in
> FXRuby (or GTK, or Qt)? I am coming from the web world and don't know
> everything about desktop GUI.
>
> I can't seem to find any information on how to make similar animation
> like those found in Scriptaculous, Mootools, ....

There's not really anything like that built-in to FXRuby. You can
certainly set up a little timeout loop and gradually change the window
size (i.e. its width and height).
E336ba9e56f4e8952c0d976a2487ffa7?d=identicon&s=25 richard.j.dale@gmail.com (Guest)
On Mar 15, 5:33 pm, "Dat Chu" <dattan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know of any prebuilt framework to facilitate animation in
> FXRuby (or GTK, or Qt)? I am coming from the web world and don't know
> everything about desktop GUI.
>
> I can't seem to find any information on how to make similar animation
> like those found in Scriptaculous, Mootools, ....
>
> Any pointer would be appreciated guys.
Qt4 QtRuby has Qt::TimeLine for animations that you can use in
conjunction with classes like Qt::GraphicsItemAnimation on a
Qt::GraphicsView canvas, as well as using it with ordinary Qt::Widgets.