Forum: Ruby on Rails The road to study Ruby on Rails

C31db793e72ef3ab7b93a4043b45142a?d=identicon&s=25 ibn tachfine (Guest)
hi

I'm new in Ruby on rails and i want  that someone gives me references
to learn it quickly.

thanks in advance.
2017657725dd1bce83dc8a1e2e991d04?d=identicon&s=25 Luke Ivers (Guest)
Pragmatic programmers books can't steer you wrong:
Programming Ruby (for studying the base language)
Agile Web Development with Rails (for studying the framework)

Both great books.
E3640176765dae2465d33ef6eb114691?d=identicon&s=25 bcparanj@gmail.com (Guest)
Learn Ruby before coding in Ruby on Rails. Ruby for Rails by David
Black is a good book that teaches enough Ruby to get started.
E0e0e58f6ab7368839e9c606249f9b36?d=identicon&s=25 Nelson Hsu (nelson)
on 2007-03-13 19:39
There's a whole bunch of free tutorials (and list of free tutorials) out
there you can find with google - I've compiled a list of my own[1],
hopefully it helps.

Nelson

[1]
http://blazingrails.basedex.com/index/8?context=4&...

ibn tachfine wrote:
> hi
>
> I'm new in Ruby on rails and i want  that someone gives me references
> to learn it quickly.
>

> thanks in advance.
Eaef4535f7a0e36ae4c8db2b940431b8?d=identicon&s=25 Jim Alateras (Guest)
ibn tachfine wrote:
> hi
>
> I'm new in Ruby on rails and i want  that someone gives me references
> to learn it quickly.

Start here http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/rails/index.html

cheers
</jima>
8fbdd208cbecb812550683dfe9b0a1f2?d=identicon&s=25 christophermatthieu@gmail.com (Guest)
I have just started a new RoR site and podcast called Rubyology
(www.rubyology.com).  It consists of my lessons learned from
transitioning from Microsoft ASP/.NET to Ruby on Rails.  I hope to
help people bridge the learning curve and become productive quickly.
Cd804cfeeea508f6bf2f5487c9ef4aed?d=identicon&s=25 linoj (Guest)
For a top down view you can peruse my blog series

Evaluating Web Development Frameworks: Rails and Django:
A technical manager's guide to evaluating web development frameworks,
with a detailed review of Ruby on Rails and the Django (Python)
projects.

http://www.vaporbase.com/postings/c42/