Forum: Ruby asking about object databases and active record

72eb393f96912d674e0f5c1fb1111ba0?d=identicon&s=25 Dave Rose (bitsmith)
on 2007-03-13 14:38
why is it that mysql a relational database is the  preferred database
among rubyists and not an object orientated database (even a free object
orientated database)?

what is the important missing piece... i mean if you are using a object
orientated
programming language (and active record) why not the same for a database
system (to be consistent)? ...isn't simplier?
4dea430d31b993abaf41cd9b54f8128d?d=identicon&s=25 Avdi Grimm (avdi)
On 3/13/07, Dave Rose <bitdoger2@yahoo.com> wrote:

> why is it that mysql a relational database is the  preferred database
> among rubyists and not an object orientated database (even a free object
> orientated database)?

I wasn't aware we had a preferred database.  Maybe you meant among Rails
users?  In which case this might be a good question to ask the Rails
group.
8d042b437b937deb92d0c51515785a19?d=identicon&s=25 Mark Volkmann (Guest)
On Mar 13, 2007, at 8:38 AM, Dave Rose wrote:

> system (to be consistent)? ...isn't simplier?
Austin Ziegler addressed this quite well in a post on 2/16/07 in a
thread titled "object databases in Ruby?".
See http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/....