Forum: Ruby on Rails xml with Rails?

7efa1e84afccfab2ab6c528afae4d2aa?d=identicon&s=25 sayoyo (Guest)

I wolud like to know which "plugin" or library is the best for rails?

Thanks you very much!!!

Sayoyo
4715ae8a9ac5152600ccd3012267ab6b?d=identicon&s=25 James Stewart (Guest)
On Mar 12, 2007, at 11:44 AM, sayoyo wrote:
> I wolud like to know which "plugin" or library is the best for rails?

That's going to depend at least partially on what it is you want to
do with rails. Rails will generate XML from ActiveRecord objects (and
accept some XML as input) by default. Check out:

  http://weblog.jamisbuck.org/2006/3/27/web-services...
  http://jystewart.net/process/2007/02/input-formats...
in-rails-12/

Rails itself makes use of Builder, so for anything more complex you'd
be best off checking that out first.

  http://builder.rubyforge.org/

James.

--
James Stewart
Play: http://james.anthropiccollective.org

First, thanks you very much for the information!!!! Thanks,  what I want
to do is simple read/write and search in an XML file, like xpath, I
wonder if there are already some predefined classes or modules that can
perform the task?

Sayoyo
1f2eadfb41362800ebc2cf211b91d0f7?d=identicon&s=25 javier ramirez (Guest)
> to do is simple read/write and search in an XML file, like xpath, I
> wonder if there are already some predefined classes or modules that can
> perform the task?

if you need Xpath, then you can try with REXML. It supports
DOM,Xpath,SAX and StaX... for an easier XML parser (a XML to ruby
objects mapper) you can try simpleXml. There are more libraries out
there, but these two come bundled with any RoR installation, so there is
a decent documentation and they work out-of-the-box

regards,

javier ramirez

--
--------
Estamos de estreno... si necesitas llevar el control de tus gastos

http://www.germane-software.com/software/rexml/