Forum: Ruby on Rails Navigational Menus

80159acdf89580a20e8e835772b5bf82?d=identicon&s=25 doug (Guest)
Hi, this is my 2nd and last naive question for the day.  Based on the
observation that Rails addresses so many issues and handles them so
well, I was a little surprised that it seems that Rails doesn't appear
to have some sort of built-in support for constructing navigational
menus.  I'm not sure what I would expect that support to do; but, I'd
just like to know if there are Rails tools for building navigational
menus so that I don't go off doing my own thing and ignoring
capabilities that Rails provides.  I've got a couple of Rails books
and neither of them mention anything about support for building
navigational menus.

Thanks for any input.

      ... doug
Eaef4535f7a0e36ae4c8db2b940431b8?d=identicon&s=25 Jim Alateras (Guest)
doug wrote:
> Thanks for any input.

I'm also new to RoR but I suspect that this is more in the scope of CSS

B8873547e864c0f41eb0ccb0f8b18ecf?d=identicon&s=25 Timo Springmann (Guest)

take a look at goldberg. It's a generator for rails which gives you nice
layout, configurable menus and user/role support...

80159acdf89580a20e8e835772b5bf82?d=identicon&s=25 doug (Guest)
Thanks to all.

     ... doug
7a069e1acb6f94c7c554c17a5e99f35a?d=identicon&s=25 Glimjaur (Guest)
doug wrote:
> Thanks for any input.
>       ... doug

As Jim said, this should be more of a CSS issue. However, i would like
to point for your interest to the link_to_unless_current helper;

One more thing that you might be interested in would be the tabnav