Forum: Ruby gem packaging documentation

753dcb78b3a3651127665da4bed3c782?d=identicon&s=25 Brian Candler (Guest)
http://rubygems.org/read/chapter/5
"This is a skimpy overview; see the DeveloperGuide for the real meat."

I'm probably being stupid, but I can't find it. Can somebody point me in
the
right direction please?

(Problem I'm trying to solve: I need to package up ruby-oci8 into RPM. I
need to decide whether I'd better served by packaging it as a gem, then
using gem2spec; or just packaging it as a native RPM. I've never built a
rubygem before so I need some "start here" documentation)

Thanks,

Brian.
0276239ca57aee241d4b41379587fa20?d=identicon&s=25 Lyle Johnson (Guest)
On 3/9/07, Brian Candler <B.Candler@pobox.com> wrote:

> http://rubygems.org/read/chapter/5
> "This is a skimpy overview; see the DeveloperGuide for the real meat."
>
> I'm probably being stupid, but I can't find it. Can somebody point me in the
> right direction please?

I don't think it exists, see:

    http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/rubygems-developers...

I'll defer to someone with more experience on the question of native
RPM versus a gem2spec-based RPM.