Forum: Ferret script to reproduce segfaults in 0.11.3

28c237c0c414b644082bfcde4e42b309?d=identicon&s=25 John Leach (Guest)

I've adapted my ferret_killer1.rb script to reproduce the segfaults I'm
still having in my app with Ferret 0.11.3.

ferret_killer1 didn't reproduce these - I had to add code to retrieve
the documents from the index after searching (and fixed the index
creation bug Dave spotted).

http://johnleach.co.uk/downloads/ruby/ferret/ferre...

To use, in one terminal run: ./ferret_killer3.rb index
In another terminal: ./ferret_killer3.rb search

the search process will segfault after a couple of searches or so:

ferret_killer3.rb:64: [BUG] Segmentation fault
ruby 1.8.5 (2006-08-25) [i486-linux]

Hope this helps,

John.
--
http://johnleach.co.uk
B5e329ffa0cc78efbfc7ae2d084c149f?d=identicon&s=25 David Balmain (Guest)
> Hi,
>
> I've adapted my ferret_killer1.rb script to reproduce the segfaults I'm
> still having in my app with Ferret 0.11.3.
>
> ferret_killer1 didn't reproduce these - I had to add code to retrieve
> the documents from the index after searching (and fixed the index
> creation bug Dave spotted).
>
> http://johnleach.co.uk/downloads/ruby/ferret/ferre...

Hi John,

Thanks for the bug report. This has been fixed in trunk. I'll try and
get a new release out soon.

Cheers,
Dave