Forum: Ruby on Rails missing openssl ruby bindings on Fedora Core 5

714a83512ac7abd723f7182b838101ae?d=identicon&s=25 jarrold (Guest)

I've been reading about the many openssl ruby bindings problems on
Ubuntu and Debian and their solutions to the following problem:

/usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
`gem_original_require': no such file to load -- openssl (LoadError)
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/
custom_require.rb:27:in `require'
        from -e:1

Unfortunately I'm on Fedora Core 5 with ruby 1.8.5 and I can't seem to
locate the openssl ruby bindings for FC5 (i've tried yum).

I know I need both the openssl libraries and the bindings for ruby for
it to work.

Does anyone know a work around? Or can I get the files from a Debian
install and copy them or something to that extent?
jarrold wrote:

> Unfortunately I'm on Fedora Core 5 with ruby 1.8.5 and I can't seem to
> locate the openssl ruby bindings for FC5 (i've tried yum).

At http://rpm.pbone.net there are FC5 ruby-libs rpms containing
all the openssl files.