Forum: Ruby on Rails SQLite and migrations

7242b014da2929bbda3b0bf1dfd9c52a?d=identicon&s=25 Aurélien Malisart (Guest)
Hello everybody.

Something intriguing me for a while: is sqlite full compatible with
the Rails's migrations system?

I ask that because I know sqlite doesn't implement fully the SQL
"standard" (e.g. see http://www.sqlite.org/lang_altertable.html to
learn that with ALTER TABLE, you cannot remove/edit any field, you are
just able to rename the table or add a field).

Is the rails connector also limited or not?
Does anyone contournated this problem by any way?

Thanks.
8fec3199fc2e0c7a81a3484455b1f556?d=identicon&s=25 Lukhnos D. Liu (Guest)
On 3/7/07, Aurélien Malisart <aurelien.malisart@gmail.com> wrote:
> I ask that because I know sqlite doesn't implement fully the SQL
> "standard" (e.g. see http://www.sqlite.org/lang_altertable.html to
> learn that with ALTER TABLE, you cannot remove/edit any field, you are
> just able to rename the table or add a field).
> Is the rails connector also limited or not?

ActiveRecord::ConnectionAdapters::SQLiteAdapter actually creates a
new table, puts stuff in, makes the change, then drops the old table
and renames (moves) the new table back to the original one, so
apparently this is circumvented...

d.
7242b014da2929bbda3b0bf1dfd9c52a?d=identicon&s=25 Aurélien Malisart (Guest)
OK thanks. I thought to this solution...