Forum: Ruby on Rails Re: Rails on FreeBSD

E9f0abb0dae590bd434bb945a2a5e7e5?d=identicon&s=25 Jordan Krushen (Guest)
On 3/4/07, <> wrote:

> Hello everyone. I want to use my server to test my Rails scripts. My
> server is running with FreeBDS, so my question is what I have to do to
> install Ruby on Rails on FreeBDS? :) Thanks in advance. Maybe that is
> stupid question, but I am newbie :P

Assuming you mean FreeBSD, use the ports tree (or pkg_add) to install
your dependencies
(database, web server, etc), ruby, rubygems, then gem install rails as

6805b35d0a8ea3ede0a7da2d4cf5ae77?d=identicon&s=25 Jonathan Weiss (Guest)
Jordan Krushen wrote:
> usual.
Even simpler:

cd /usr/ports/www/rubygem-rails && make install clean

Jonathan Weiss