Forum: Ruby Library documenting tutorial

2c7c807a1df0c76a8fc823c709b501a9?d=identicon&s=25 Victor "Zverok" Shepelev (Guest)
Hi all.

Is there something like tutorial on documenting my own libraries with
RDoc?

I'm interested not in technical details, but in ideological advices and
common practicies.

Thanks.

V.
4d5b5dd4e263d780a5dfe7ac8b8ac98c?d=identicon&s=25 Tim Pease (Guest)
On 3/6/07, Victor Zverok Shepelev <vshepelev@imho.com.ua> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Is there something like tutorial on documenting my own libraries with RDoc?
>
> I'm interested not in technical details, but in ideological advices and
> common practicies.

If you have a copy of the Ruby source code, Matz has a nice
documentation style in the core classes.  That would be a good
convention to follow.

Nathaniel Talbott's Test::Unit rdoc is also a good example. That, too,
can be found in the Ruby source code:

$RUBY_SRC/lib/test/unit

Blessings,
TwP
2c7c807a1df0c76a8fc823c709b501a9?d=identicon&s=25 Victor "Zverok" Shepelev (Guest)
>If you have a copy of the Ruby source code, Matz has a nice
>documentation style in the core classes.  That would be a good
>convention to follow.
>
>Nathaniel Talbott's Test::Unit rdoc is also a good example. That, too,
>can be found in the Ruby source code:
>
>$RUBY_SRC/lib/test/unit

Yeah, I understand.
Just wanted to enjoy my lazyness with a small tutorial, showing all the
essentials at one page.

Instead, it seems like I have to enjoy my diligence by documenting my
library and than writing such kind of tutorial by myself :)

V.
Ce8b03e5750097942c58e12b46724312?d=identicon&s=25 Giles Bowkett (Guest)
> >> Is there something like tutorial on documenting my own libraries with
> >RDoc?
> >>
> >> I'm interested not in technical details, but in ideological advices and
> >> common practicies.

There's another reason to love the Ruby community. People wanting to
find out how to get their documentation exactly right. That's a good
thing. Sorry a tutorial like that doesn't exist to my knowledge either
but you can get a pretty good feel for it by reading core libraries,
as Tim said.