Forum: GNU Radio Re: Multi USRP on Single Computer

E8d783828081d7bdeaa760702a559a28?d=identicon&s=25 unknown (Guest)
Thanks for the reply.  I'm pretty new to GNU radio so I'm still not sure
exactly what I need to do (I don't know about the whole "which"
constructor thing).  All I've been able to do so far is run the examples
and modify them as needed (minor changes).  I don't need to know which
board is which (sending and receiving), just as long as 1 is sending and
1 is receiving.  I've looked at the multi_usrp_rx_cfile.py example, and
I understand that this example is for synch-ing 2 boards to both
receive, but I don't know if I can use some of the same code for my
purpose.  The code that looked interesting to me is:

# build the graph
        self.multi=usrp_multi.multi_source_align( fg=self,
master_serialno=options.master_serialno, decim=options.decim,
                                                  nchan=options.nchan )
        self.um=self.multi.get_master_usrp()
        self.us=self.multi.get_slave_usrp()

        dst_m=gr.file_sink (gr.sizeof_gr_complex, options.output_file_m)
        dst_s=gr.file_sink (gr.sizeof_gr_complex, options.output_file_s)
        if options.nsamples is None:
            self.connect((self.multi.get_master_source_c(),1),dst_m)
            self.connect((self.multi.get_slave_source_c(),1),dst_s)
        else:
            head_m = gr.head(gr.sizeof_gr_complex,
int(options.nsamples))
            head_s = gr.head(gr.sizeof_gr_complex,
int(options.nsamples))
            self.connect((self.multi.get_master_source_c(),1),head_m,dst_m)
            self.connect((self.multi.get_slave_source_c(),1),head_s,dst_s)

Can I use this portion of code and just make the small changes to make 1
a source instead of a sink?  Also, the first line about the
source_align... is that for the synchronizing of the 2 boards (which I
wouldn't need)?

Thanks for the help,
Nick

> Thanks for the reply.  I'm pretty new to GNU radio so I'm still not
> sure exactly what I need to do (I don't know about the whole "which"
> constructor thing).  All I've been able to do so far is run the
> examples and modify them as needed (minor changes).  I don't need to
> know which board is which (sending and receiving), just as long as 1
> is sending and 1 is receiving.  I've looked at the
> multi_usrp_rx_cfile.py example, and I understand that this example
> is for synch-ing 2 boards to both receive, but I don't know if I can
> use some of the same code for my purpose.  The code that looked
> interesting to me is:

>             self.connect((self.multi.get_slave_source_c(),1),dst_s)
>         else:
>             head_m = gr.head(gr.sizeof_gr_complex, int(options.nsamples))
>             head_s = gr.head(gr.sizeof_gr_complex, int(options.nsamples))
>             self.connect((self.multi.get_master_source_c(),1),head_m,dst_m)
>             self.connect((self.multi.get_slave_source_c(),1),head_s,dst_s)

This code does nothing like what I think you need.

My suggestion is that you figure out how you would solve your problem
using two machines.  Then run that code on a single machine.

It seems like you may want to spend some time getting a better idea of
how some of the more typical examples work before diving into the deep
end.

Eric