Forum: Ruby on Rails Login in and out

2619a4cfaf0f9639c2dda9be49da5e4a?d=identicon&s=25 Uzi (Guest)
I have to create an online auction using radrails, can any one help
me? I need to be able to create loggin in and out accounts? cheers
4daf0b71d5d9a3882e583c0e72eaf5dc?d=identicon&s=25 Alan Francis (Guest)
on 2007-03-05 12:26
Uzi wrote:
> I have to create an online auction using radrails, can any one help
> me?

That depends.  You're not giving us much to go on.  Some questions
spring to mind:

* Is it just the login/out functionality that has you stumped, or the
whole online auction application ?
* What have you done so far to figure it out ?  Maybe a plugin could
help ?
* How much Ruby have you done ?
* How much Rails have you done ?
* Have you read any books or tutorials ?
* Is RadRails mandatory for your project ?
* Have you used it (or any Eclipse-based IDE) before ?
* Do you have any PHP experience that might translate ?  Java ?
* Do you have a deadline ?
* What does this online auction need to do ?
* What kind of information is required for an account ?
* Do you need to store credit cards ?
* Can a logged in user sell things, or just buy them ?

As you can (hopefully) start to see, a vague question like that doesn't
provide any context for a meaningful answer.   Specific questions,
accompanied by some idea what what you've already tried are much more
likely to get answered.

From your question, I can't tell if you need help with a login plugin,
RadRails, the whole app, or even where to start with Rails or Ruby.

Hope this helps.