Why am I dropping data over the UDP network?

Thanks for the idea brad, I’ll check that out right now.

Lou,

The OS I’m using is Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and I am getting the signal on the
received side when I use UDP. It’s just my biggest concern is why is my
data still dropping even though it’s independent of the sample rate
rising or lowering?

I’m currently experimenting with TCP to see if I wouldn’t drop data, but
am dealing with a socket connection error.

Marcus

Alan,

I also agree with that, which is why I think it’s probably the reason
why I might be losing packets.

Right now, I’m experimenting with TCP since during my readings I’ve read
that it ensures delivery of all packets and also checks for errors. The
current problem with TCP is that I’m getting a socket error:
(socket.error:[Errno 111] connection refused) no matter how many ports I
open or change it to.

Marcus