Suggestion to split this group

On 12/16/06, Phlip [email protected] wrote:

Zaheed Haque wrote:

IHMO the reason given i.e. high traffic and other comments for
splitting the group is not convincing.

Then why other groups split?

i.e. if the subject matter is self-contained lets say
internationalization … yes there is a need for creating such group
and there is one AFAIK. There is already rails-dev etc, etc.

This a general list for i.e. catch all! you subscribe to it knowing so
– your choice – the list is also searchable without subscription via
google.

And speaking of High traffic I think its a good thing. Furthermore I
would also say newbie questions are good thing! No newbie – no new
rails installation – no book sale – no consultancy services –
nobody is subscribing to the list – dead end :=)

And we don’t want that do we :=) Invite newbies with open arm cos its
a good thing!!

Cheers

Zaheed Haque wrote:

And we don’t want that do we :=) Invite newbies with open arm cos its
a good thing!!

I only brought up the “newbie” issue, way up-thread, as an example.
Answering newb questions is good for us (including mine!), because it
shows
where our documentation is lacking (including mine!!).

The question remains, why groups split? Why would news:comp.lang.java
split
into .misc. .programmer, .security, .advocacy, even the mindlessly
technically incorrect news:comp.lang.java.javascript ?

Phlip
Redirecting... ← NOT a blog!!!