'=>' : Ruby or Rails?

I’m trying to find an explanation of the difference between ‘=’ and
‘=>’. I thought a good first step would be finding out whether this is
a Ruby or a Rails construct. Then I’d dig in before bothering the list.
No joy at step 1. Can anybody point me to the right documentation?

Thanks in advance,
Bill

Bill W. wrote:

I’m trying to find an explanation of the difference between ‘=’ and
‘=>’. I thought a good first step would be finding out whether this is
a Ruby or a Rails construct. Then I’d dig in before bothering the
list. No joy at step 1. Can anybody point me to the right documentation?
It’s Ruby.

In brief, ‘=’ is a general assignment, while ‘=>’ is specifically for
key-value relationships in hashes.

Theres some documentation here:
http://www.rubycentral.com/book/intro.html

Thank you, Alex. I appreciate your help.

Best regards,
Bill