RJS + Internet Explorer

Hello all:

I am using RJS templates to replace html on my pages. It works great
in FF but I get an RJS error in Internet Explorer. I believe I had it
working previously in IE, but for some reason it’s not working now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Randy S.
[email protected]
267.334.6833

Randy S. wrote:

Hello all:

I am using RJS templates to replace html on my pages. It works great
in FF but I get an RJS error in Internet Explorer. I believe I had it
working previously in IE, but for some reason it’s not working now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Randy S.
[email protected]
267.334.6833

This is far too vague for anyone to help you with. You need to show
which small snippet of code is causing the error and what the error is.

There was really no other way to describe it…I looked online and the
other people having issues described it the same way…I have fixed it
now, but I didn’t know the root cause until I fixed it. (no way of
debugging really in ie except a script I used to spit out the ajax
calls and responses on the same page…but that didn’t show anything)

apprently, in IE, you can’t replace rows in a table using javascript
unless they are in a tbody. Instead of messing with it too much, I
decided it was probably more fitting to use definition lists for what
I was doing (I definition lists) and everything works
smoothly.

Short Story: need to be careful replacing rows in tables with
page.replace, it can be done, but it can be difficult to get to the
right markup

Thanks for responding!

Randy

On 7/28/06, Alex W. [email protected] wrote:


Rails mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.rubyonrails.org/mailman/listinfo/rails


Randy S.
[email protected]
267.334.6833

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs