Recipients of Google Summer of Code awards

Kevin C. wrote:

I could use suggestions for what people want out of this. What do you
hate about mkmf? What do you like about it? What sort of things could be
improved?

I’d be happy just to have mkmf not pollute the global space, so it can
be called cleanly from code generators (without using a subprocess).

Going to rake sounds like the right thing to do, but it will require
that rake be installed before you can build extensions. Will rake soon
become part of ruby?

Also, does rake have good enough makedepend functionality yet? ISTR it
does, but that could be an issue…

Oh, and sorry for answering late, I just resubscribed to ruby-talk, I’ve
always used c.l.r and I’m experimenting the sadness of the mirror/gw
death :frowning:

You should be able to pick it up via ruby-talk-google now.

T.

On 5/28/06, gabriele renzi [email protected] wrote:

for what is worth, I started a blog to keep track of my work, which at
the moment just has a rephrasing of the proposal[1].

[snip]

[1]
http://www.riffraff.info/articles/2006/05/26/summer-of-code-project-blogging

On the same note, here’s my dev blog:
http://glimr.blogspot.com

[email protected] ha scritto:

Oh, and sorry for answering late, I just resubscribed to ruby-talk, I’ve
always used c.l.r and I’m experimenting the sadness of the mirror/gw
death :frowning:

You should be able to pick it up via ruby-talk-google now.

using gmane.comp.lang.ruby.general and set the mail delivery off, now.
I think it is a nice solution :slight_smile: