RE: Re: IDE recommendations?

I have used Komodo since V2.3 or something (for perl/php back then) and
have been using it now for about 2 months for rails development.

I was also bothered by the issues you described below, but to be honest
I think these are the only shortcomings I found (besides some weird
(bug?) behaviour with key-sequences from copied snippets, find dialog
always going fullscreen… and the price ofcourse, but my employer paid
for it)
I would also like to see (beside fixes to the below issues) some kind of
automatic jumping between controller/view though.

I set up my komodo ‘toolbox’ (besides a bunch of snippets) with
shortcuts to view my controllers/models directory, do a diff (using
kdiff) with my latest ‘clean’ version (to get side-by-side diff), to
open much used files (like .css), top start the rails console or irb,…
With function keys I can switch between my different desktops, that have
a firefox, tora, komodo ofcourse, webrick output and a tail of the
development.log.

I’m running it on linux (that is, at work I’m using cygwin/x on wxp to
connect to a linux machine, at home I’m running it ‘directly’ on
linux… both under kde) and have not experienced a slow interface in
any way.

my 2 cents…

Piet.