[mod_fcgid] 503 server temporarily unavailable

Hi There,

Every now and then, and recently more and more we get a “503 server
temporarily unavailable” error from our rails app.

We are running Rails 1.0 with mod_fcgid in Apache 2.0.54 on Debian

The thing is I don’t think we have such a heavy load on the server, and
I haven’t seen this error occur at all outside the rails app. In fact I
don’t think I ever saw it before we switched to fcgid.

Has anybody else experienced anything similar running rails?

Any tips on how to avoid this?

CHEERS> SAM

Are you using the latest fcgid? If you’re not, I’d recommend to upgrade.

On 7/28/06, Sam J. [email protected] wrote:

Has anybody else experienced anything similar running rails?

Any tips on how to avoid this?

CHEERS> SAM

Rails mailing list

Kent

I appear to have version 1.05-1 installed:

root@mymachine:/home/srjoseph # apt-cache policy libapache2-mod-fcgid
libapache2-mod-fcgid:
Installed: 1.05-1
Candidate: 1.05-1
Version Table:
*** 1.05-1 0
500 http://ftp.us.debian.org stable/main Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

The mod_fcgid site appears to be down at present, but I can view it in
archive.org:

http://web.archive.org/web/20040919070812/http://fastcgi.coremail.cn/

That appears to be the latest stable debian version:

Although there does appear to be a version 1.10-1 in testing

Which version are you using?

CHEERS> SAM

I’ve been using version 1.08 and recently upgraded to 1.10

Kent.

On 7/28/06, Sam J. [email protected] wrote:

I haven’t seen this error occur at all outside the rails app. In fact I

Rails mailing list

Kent

Hi,
What’s your mod_fcgid version? The latest 1.10 has done something
about it. And can you show me the mod_fcgid configurations in
httpd.conf?

Thanks