Make test failure at qa_constellation_receiver

I built gnuradio 3.7.2.1 from scratch on a SuSE Linux Enterprise Server
11
with SP3 running as a VM.

I ran into this problem with the constellation_receiver test.

bruce@gnuradio:~/gnuradio-3.7.2.1/build> ctest -V -R
constellation_receiver
UpdateCTestConfiguration from
:/home/bruce/gnuradio-3.7.2.1/build/DartConfiguration.tcl
UpdateCTestConfiguration from
:/home/bruce/gnuradio-3.7.2.1/build/DartConfiguration.tcl
Test project /home/bruce/gnuradio-3.7.2.1/build
Constructing a list of tests
Done constructing a list of tests
Checking test dependency graph…
Checking test dependency graph end
test 142
Start 142: qa_constellation_receiver

142: Test command: /usr/bin/sh
“/home/bruce/gnuradio-3.7.2.1/build/gr-digital/python/digital/qa_constellation_receiver_test.sh”
142: Test timeout computed to be: 9.99988e+06
142: Using Volk machine: sse4_a_64
142: thread[thread-per-block[1]: <block constellation_receiver_cb
(477)>]:
boost::bad_any_cast: failed conversion using boost::any_cast

If I try to run the complete test set, it never finishes. I’ve left it
running for more than an hour…
Bruce

http://gnuradio.4.n7.nabble.com/make-test-failure-at-qa-constellation-receiver-tp18777p45590.html

After running some of the python scripts were listed in error message in
the tracebacks, I ran the test again, and it passed. It’s like either
some
dependency or library got built or loaded after I was fooling around.
Test
the theory, I rebuilt everything from scratch in a separate directory.
However, all the tests passed the first go around. But then after
tinkering a bit more, and running the unittest in the fresh build again,
it
failed (the one that just passed). I have’t figured out what is going
on.
I’m not a software person, but I am curious about this. I did a ‘make
install’ after I got all the unittests pass (before it failed again), so
“think” I have a working GnuRadio with a constellation_receiver now.
I’ll
try running again later.

On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 9:27 PM, ibmsorcerer [email protected] wrote:

Test project /home/bruce/gnuradio-3.7.2.1/build
142: Using Volk machine: sse4_a_64
142: thread[thread-per-block[1]: <block constellation_receiver_cb (477)>]:
boost::bad_any_cast: failed conversion using boost::any_cast

If I try to run the complete test set, it never finishes. I’ve left it
running for more than an hour…
Bruce

Bruce, what version of Boost are you using? Do any other tests throw
out that boost::bad_any_cast failure but complete anyways?

Tom

On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 4:23 PM, ibmsorcerer [email protected] wrote:

After the test failure, I’ve not done anything further, because I didn’t
think I could.

Bruce

That seems strange that you’re using Boost 1.36; that version is quite
old.
But I think that’s correct. It looks like OpenSuse is using boost 1.53.

We build against Boost 1.35; that’s the minimum version we support. On
the
other hand, it’s probably been a while since anyone’s tried to run
against
a version that old. I know most people who use distros with older
packages,
like CentOS/Redhat, tend to hand-install a version of Boost that’s much
newer.

Having said that, we say we build and run against Boost 1.35, so until
we
produce a new version, we should still. I’ll have to see if I can
install
and test against that and verify that that’s the problem.

Tom

Tom,
I believe that I’m running the version that comes with SuSE 11 and
updated to SP3. v 1.36.0-12.3.1. I’m using it, because I thought that
the easy installation of many of the necessary libraries/tools might
make it convenient and easier to build gnu-radio.

All of the others worked fine, after I exclude the test for
qa_constellation_receiver.
100% tests passed, 0 tests failed out of 175

On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 9:27 PM, ibmsorcerer <[hidden email]> wrote:

Bruce, what version of Boost are you using? Do any other tests throw
out that boost::bad_any_cast failure but complete anyways?

Tom

Discuss-gnuradio mailing list
[hidden email]

below:
http://gnuradio.4.n7.nabble.com/make-test-failure-at-qa-constellation-receiver-tp18777p45610.html
To unsubscribe from make test failure at qa_constellation_receiver,
click here.
NAML

boost-versions.jpg (71K)
http://gnuradio.4.n7.nabble.com/attachment/45611/0/boost-versions.jpg