Is it MAC,windows or Linux/ubuntu? For Python in long term goals!

Which Platform will be more comfortable for long term goals in python ??..is it MAC,windows or Linux/ubuntu??

Just finished my Python training.And started designing a web application but confused with environment ,as versions are updating,people concern regarding platform is also changing.

1 Like
  • If you have a Mac, then this choice is already made for you. A few tools do not offer MAC compatible products (e.g. QlikView), but you can run them in a virtual machine.
  • If you are on a PC, I would recommend to set up a dual boot. Linux is better for doing any serious computations, where as Windows is better for using Office products from Microsoft and a few other products which are only available for Windows. So, you get the best of both worlds.
  • Another option I have seen people using is running virtual Linux machines within Windows, but that limits the amount of memory and performance you can achieve.
  • It is also possible to stay on Linux and use Office 360 offering from Microsoft. I have not done that myself, so I can not comment on that, but looks like a viable option. Again, there might be a few software’s, you may not be able to run in these scenario.

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs